New Technology Notice
Our office is now offering SoundCure™ Serenade® for sufferers of tinnitus (ringing in the ears.)
Tinnitus is a condition in which a person perceives sound that is not actually present in the environment. It is often described as “ringing in the ears” but can include virtually any type of sound including whooshing, hissing, or whistling. There are many possible causes for tinnitus but most cases are related to damage to the auditory system.
Did You Know?…
- 1 in 10 American adults suffer from tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Many tinnitus sufferers are not offered treatment but are told to “just live with it”
- We now offer a new sound therapy solution that may bring you relief.
New treatment approaches are successfully providing relief for many. Our office is dedicated to staying abreast of new technological developments, and sharing them with our community.
Introducing SoundCure Serenade
Serenade is a complete, FDA cleared sound therapy solution based on acoustic research conducted by leading university researchers. Simple to use and customized to each patient, Serenade’s digital signal processing system is based on the relationship between specific tonal algorithms and their effects.
The Serenade tinnitus treatment system consists of a handheld device, earphones, and proprietary, customized treatment sounds that research has suggested may address the underlying neurological cause of tinnitus. These key elements are combined with patient education and aftercare.
After a tinnitus evaluation, the Serenade device is programmed to play the sounds most likely to be effective for that individual. This approach may be used to seek immediate relief, as well as long term benefit when used as part of an ongoing tinnitus treatment program.
Originally developed at UC Irvine, S-Tones® are the foundation of the SoundCure Serenade technology. Research has shown that these sounds can produce synchronized activity in the part of the brain that processes sound – the auditory cortex.
S-Tones do not need to be loud to be effective, researchers have discovered: “…A sound is presented that is softer than the level of the tinnitus, which may completely eliminate the perception of the tinnitus. The overall level of the sound environment is less than the tinnitus alone.” 1
Benefits of Serenade:
- Unlike other approaches, this treatment is customized to your specific tinnitus.
- Includes 4 different sound tracks including new treatment sounds known as S-Tones, developed by leading hearing experts.
- Device is small, portable, and easy to use, day or night.
- Includes Sleep Assist – a 60 minute, auto-off timer to help patient fall asleep.
- Independent left and right volume controls offer maximum flexibility and comfort.
Ask us for more information.
Schedule your technology demo today. Email Debbie for an appointment.
1 Reavis et al., Patterned Sound Therapy for the Treatment of Tinnitus. The Hearing Journal. 2010 Nov; 63 (11): 21-24.